Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jews in the Middle East

The exodus Obama forgot to mention.

You can't criticize Israeli settlement without criticizing this, as well.


EDIT: I'll point out I didn't dislike the speech Obama gave, although I'm very, very wary of the pressure it's putting on an already hyper-strained Israeli government. I wish he'd been less understated about the threat Iran poses, but I'm guessing he's aware of that. and I do wish he'd talked about Jews and Christians under Muslim theocracies more, because they're treated much worse than Palestinians in Israel.

It also freaks me out that 80% of the applause came every time Obama cited the Koran, when the whole understated point of the speech was that secular values have a place in the Middle East.

The text of the speech is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment